Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Laura Bush and the Sensibilities of the Press

Finally we have found something to offend the sensibilities of the mainstream press.

Was it Bill Clinton having oral sex in the Oval Office with an intern? Nope.
Was it the continuous lying he did from January to August of 1998? Nope
Was it Ward Churchill, and his rambling anti-American rants? Nope.
Was it Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) making offensive statements about Jews at the opening of the Lincoln Library? Nope.

Was it The First Lady, giving a great roast of her husband and the Bush family? Perhaps. At least, that's what the Press is saying now.

My suspicion is that the MSM was far more offended by the end of her speech:
Mrs. Bush closed her act affectionately.
"In all seriousness, I do love the ranch, and I love the whole Bush family," she said at the end of her bit. "I was an only child, and when I married into the extended Bush clan, I got brothers and sisters and wonderful in-laws, all of whom opened their arms to me. And included in the package, I got this guy here."
For the Left, any praise of the Bush family would be deeply offensive. Or maybe they were offended that Laura Bush has enough confidence in herself and her husband to be able to laugh at themselves. Either way, the reactions of the MSM says far more about the Press than it does about Laura Bush, or her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment