Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Brave New World: The Library Without Books

Remember the Star Trek episode where Kirk laughed at his attorney because the attorney brought in real, paperbound books? Once again, Gene Rodenberry proves prophetic:
"In this information-seeking America, I can't think of anyone who would elect to build a books-only library," said Fred Heath, vice provost of the University of Texas Libraries in Austin.
I spend more time in Cyberspace than most folks, yet my computer is in a home office surrounded by books. There is a sterility to computer screens, and I find it difficult to curl up on a rainy day with my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment