Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Catastrophe Averted: LJiC Bought the Hype

Maybe that show Oil Storm on FX was the reason, maybe I've just become so darned bored with "Mother" Sheehan and her fellow travelers that my judgment was clouded. Maybe my mind just went right in the ditch with the whackos in Crawford.

Whatever the reason, I bought the doomsday, environmentalist whacko, Cable news hyped scenario. New Orleans underwater! Our economy crushed by the hurricane! The sky is falling! Oh no!!!!!

My apologies to my readers. None of that is going to happen, anymore than any of the other whacked out notions of the environmentalist left. I bought the hype hook, line and sinker.

Katrina is a bad hurricane, one of the worst in a long time. But the doom and gloom hype of the MSM is contagious, and in a sick way very exciting. But, as usual, the doomsday scenarios are wrong. It will make me even more skeptical in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment