Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Baptists and Catholics

I'm tired of the news, bored by the same old same old. So, a joke. HT to Father Mark Tusken, St. Mark's Episcopal Church, Geneva IL:

A young Baptist boy and a young Catholic girl were walking home from Church together. Both were dressed in their Sunday best.
They got to a stream that had flooded, making the crossing difficult.
The Baptist boy said, "My Mamma will whoop me up one side and down the other if I get my clothes muddy crossing that creek."
The Catholic girl said, " I won't be able to sit down for a week if I get my clothes muddy."
The Baptist boy had an idea, "Hey, what if we take off all our clothes, and hold them over our heads while we cross. That way they won't get wet!"
Well, that sounded like a fine idea to the Catholic girl, so that's what they did.
After they had crossed, and were standing in the warm sun drip drying, the little Baptist boy looked the Catholic girl up and down, deep in thought.
After a minute, he said, " Gee, I never knew there was so much difference between Baptists and Catholics!"

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment