Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Friday, December 09, 2005

It's Done. Now On With the Important Stuff

So, I'm in the Oral Surgeon's chair this morning, and he puts the mask on my nose, with nitrous oxide going full blast. I'm thinking, hey this stuff isn't working yet. And then the nurse puts the wedge in my mouth, while the Doctor is searching for a vein for the IV.

I was thinking, now wait a minute. Are they going to start cutting out my wisdom teeth before things take effect? With the wedge in my mouth, I can't talk. This isn't going very well AT ALL!!! WHOA! WE GOTTA PROBLEM HERE!

So, I push the wedge out with my toungue, and say, "Umm, 'scuse me, I'm not feeling anything yet, and I'm wide awake." The nurse somewhat ungently pushes the wedge back in, as the Oral Surgeon smiles down and says, "Oh, you'll feel it...about now."

Next thing I know, I'm awake, with gauze covering four craters where my wisdom teeth used to be. Lots of pain all day, and I look a whole lot like Chippy Chipmunk. But, I'm doing okay. A huge thank you to everyone who sent me an email, or posted a comment through all this. Blogging may still be kinda light the next few days, as the pain is supposed to be worse the second day. But my new blog partner Matt will be back soon, and can take up some of the slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment