Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Christ the Lord: Ann Rice

Christ the Lord : Out of EgyptChrist the Lord : Out of Egypt

I don't read Prefaces, Forwards, Editor's Notes, or Afterwards. I find them boring. So, it was with a great deal of trepidation that I turned to the Author's Note at the end of Ann Rice's new book, Christ the Lord.

If all there was to the book was her Author's Note, I would have paid full price, and considered it a bargain. It says many of the things I have wanted to say to a dear friend for a long time, yet could not find the words. Mrs. Rice speaks to the truth of who Jesus Christ was and is in a clear, succinct manner. She fairly presents the arguments of the Skeptics, then tears them apart She presents her personal search for Christ in words both moving and inspiring. And all this before I even begin the book.

Her scholarship is impeccable. And her portrait of a young Jesus, both God and Man, represents the spirit of the Council of Chalcedon well. She draws from the Gospel of Thomas history, while never stepping over the line of calling this extra-biblical text Doctrine. She presents the Savior in ways I've never before encountered, and I'm thankful for the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment