Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

A New Year: New Promises, New Struggles

I'm looking at the Drudge Report, it's about 11PM on 12/31/05 CST.
There's the usual drivel: Angela Jolie is carrying Brad Pitt's baby, The Donald may run for Governor of New York, China promises to "open up" and help with world peace...yeah, right. And of course, the MSM is still trying to beat the NSA surveillance story into something the Democrats can use. The story will die, unless the probe into the leaks turns up somebody really big as the leaker, like Senator Rockefeller himself.

But there are some huge story looming on the final Drudge page of 2005. The U.S. has plans to attack Iran. (Let's hope so) And, another story about North Korea's nukes. Add to that the coming elections of November, the suicide strategy of the Defeatocrats, the ongoing struggle for Democracy in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we have the makings of an exciting year. We'll cover it all here at Liberty Just in Case.

The addition of Matt to LJiC has been a true blessing. It's odd in these days of the blogosphere that some of my best friends are people I've never met in the flesh. Heinlein would be shaking his head in awe at how far we've come. I look forward to a wonderful partnership with Matt over the coming months and years.

But perhaps the most amazing promise of 2006 for me personally reached its climax on 12/30/05. A dear friend, who I have sparred with often over the past year, became more than a friend. She became a spiritual relative, a sister in Christ. It was a renewal for her, and for me, as she took a step into a wider, deeper world. I'll say no more, until she is ready to say more herself. I look forward to her continuing growth, and my own over the coming year.

So, having indulged in more personal reflections than I should have on this site, let me just say;

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment