Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Friday, August 05, 2011

Godspeed, Juno!

Okay, I have a confession to make. Jupiter scares me. A lot. Weird, right? Well, it all started at the Kirkpatrick Planetarium in Oklahoma City. I was in 2nd grade, staring up at the round ceiling, when all of a sudden Jupiter, with that huge red eye, filled the dome. Yep, that did it. Have the same reaction every time I see it on T.V.. And I'm a space junkie.

Now, the next mission to the giant planet, a failed star really, has been launched. And I'll follow every moment with awe. But every once in awhile, I'll be back in the planetarium at age 8, and freak out just a little. And, yes, I've intentionally let the picture overflow the borders. That's just how big Jupiter is...
Jupiter Globe

No comments:

Post a Comment