Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sen. Reid Needs to Listen not Speak

I found a great short op/ed piece in the Nevada Appeal (Carson City Nevada) Opinion Pages.
As Nevada Sen. Harry Reid hits the trail to "red" states this week to try to gain political leverage from the Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal, we have to wonder just how much mud is going to stick on Republicans and how much on Reid himself. Here's how we imagine the press conferences going:

Reporter: "Didn't you accept $61,000 from Abramoff's Indian-tribe
clients?"
Reid: "Yes, I did."
Reporter: "Are you giving it back?"
Reid: "No, I'm not."
Reporter: "Why not?"
Reid: "I didn't do anything wrong."


It would be a good idea here for politicians to listen to the voters, not preach to them.

It reminds me of the "people who live in glass houses" adage. They should always get dressed in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment