Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Nanny McPhee


Emma Thompson is brilliant in this movie as is the mutually deplorable and adoreable cast.

It is a great family film in more than one sense of the word. It's fantastically magical, heartwarming, and clever.

It's a wonderfully written story (screenplay by Emma Thompson herself), about a widower and his children, and ultimately how they come together to deal with what life has dealt them. Nanny McPhee simply being the catalyst to the whole thing.

I recommend this movie highly, as it is another example of Hollywood finally "getting it", and in the end, it was just plain fun. The Cherub was very pleased (it was her report card reward).

My Favorite quote:
"Here is how I work. When you need me, but don't wan't me, I will be here. When you want me, but no longer need me, I must go."
"We will NEVER want you."
"Then I will never leave..."

No comments:

Post a Comment