Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I knew something...

felt wrong about that quote.
franklin misquoteI have heard numerous peaceniks and ACLU worshipers use a quote supposedly attributed to Ben Franklin, and knowing what I know of Mr. Franklin...and given the time he lived in... it just didn't jive...

I recently heard a local leader of the ACLU utter:

Ben Franklin said, "Those who would give up their Rights, to get Safety, deserve neither Rights nor Safety."
Michelle Malkin enlightens us all...

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
There are some strong key words there. I wonder why they were left out.

Hmmm... I knew something was wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment