Welcome to Liberty Just in Case

Glad you stopped by. Take a look around, and let me know what you think, either through a comment or by email.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Emotional Politics?

An interesting read and study featured on Hugh Hewitt's Blog.
Using M.R.I. scanners, neuroscientists have now tracked what happens in the politically partisan brain when it tries to digest damning facts about favored candidates or criticisms of them. The process is almost entirely emotional and unconscious, the researchers report, and there are flares of activity in the brain's pleasure centers when unwelcome information is being rejected. (emphasis Hugh's)
Interesting indeed. So it begs to be answered, are we too emotionally attached to our politics? I know at one time I was. Reasoned arguments were lost on me, until I re-examined my life. I am sure however that I am also emotionally attached to my current beliefs now, just how much I don't really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment